Wednesday, December 21, 2011
by Amy, HabsTweetup.com (AllHabs.net)
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- That's right folks: as the title suggests, today's recipe doesn't just involve chocolate. It takes double chocolate! Oh, and peanut butter too. Sound decadent? It is!
These cookies comes to us from All Habs team member Erica (@HabItHerWay) who calls this her "go-to" cookie recipe. One taste and it's easy to understand why - they're a chocolate lover's delight!
Chocolate Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Based on a recipe from "Cookies!", by Tormont Publications
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat together the sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
4. Gradually add flour mixture into the butter mixture while beating on low speed until a soft dough forms.
5. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
6. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto a cookie sheet (use parchment paper for easy cleanup and removal).
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Let cool for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next delicious cookie recipe: Cranberry & Orange Cookies!
Did you miss one of our previous cookie recipes? Find them here:
Day 1 - Raspberry Ribbons
Day 2 - Almond Kisses
Day 3 - Banana Bread Cookies
Day 4 - Melomakarona
Day 5 - The Original Chocolate Chip Cookie
Day 6 - Chocolate Chip Bites with Salted Caramel Glaze
Day 7 - Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
Day 8 - Soft Gingersnaps
photo credits: Amy Johnson