Saturday, December 17, 2011
by Amy, HabsTweetup.com (AllHabs.net)
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- If for some reason there was a worldwide cookie shortage and I could only ever have one type of cookie for the rest of my life, today's recipe would be it. I'm a purist when it comes to baked goods - simple, time-tested treats with lots of flavor are my favorites.
The Original NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie
Recipe courtesy of VeryBestBaking.com
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 12-oz. pkg. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets (use parchment paper for easy cleanup).
6. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Enjoy! Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next recipe: Chocolate Chip Bites with Salted Caramel Glaze!
Did you miss one of our previous cookie recipes? Find them here:
Day 1 - Raspberry Ribbons
Day 2 - Almond Kisses
Day 3 - Banana Bread Cookies
Day 4 - Melomakarona
photo credits: Amy Johnson